Problems and Opportunities
- Primary problems for carrots include rodents, various insect pests, weeds, over-irrigation, under-irrigation, and chemical application near harvest.
- Primary opportunities include pest management, irrigation management, proper soil preparation, weed control early in the season, crop rotation, and avoiding chemical applications near harvest.
These priorities and opportunities are based on feedback from Nahzatullah Nahzat.
- General Vegetable Production Manual پشتو (Pashto) (2.3 MB) (UC Davis)
- Carrot Production for Eastern Region PPT as PDF (1.3 MB) (IDEA-NEW Noori)
- Postharvest Fact Sheet (UCD PHTC)
- 10 Principles of Postharvest Management Fact Sheet (UC Davis)
- Principles of GAP (Good Agricultural Practices) Fact sheet (UC Davis)
- General Postharvest Page