Major Agricultural Activities
Important crops include wheat
, and caraway. Karakul sheep
are the dominant household livestock. There is a tradition of meat, dairy, and wool production. Rugs are the main handicraft.
Potential Development Themes
Potential areas for development include animal husbandry and breeding, perennial crop production, seed quality programs, improving infrastructures (transportation), value adding (product processing), post-harvest technology, and irrigation system improvement.
- Province Map (2002) (AIMS)
- Satellite Image Map (2011) (10.6 MB) (iMMAP)
- Ministry Report (MRRD)
- Province Profile Report (1.9 MB) (NAIS)
- Socio-Economic and Demographic Profile Report (2003-2005) (2.4 MB) (UNFPA)
- Social Assessment Profile Fact Sheet (2012) (NHLP)