Major Agricultural Activities
Important crops include wheat
, barley, melon
, and sesame. Sheep
are the dominant household livestock. Dairy, egg and wool production is substantial. Sar-e-Pul is famous for producing karakul sheep, cashmere, rugs.
Potential Development Themes
Potential areas for development include animal husbandry and breeding, seed quality programs, improving infrastructures (transportation), value adding (product processing), post-harvest technology, and irrigation system improvement.
- Province Map (2002) (AIMS)
- Satellite Image Map (2011) (10.0 MB) (iMMAP)
- Province Profile Report (1.8 MB) (NAIS)
- Socio-Economic and Demographic Profile Report (2003-2005) (2.7 MB) (UNFPA)
- Social Assessment Profile Fact Sheet (2012) (NHLP)