Citrus میوه جات ستروس
Seasonal activities: Winter
(mid December through mid March)
- Prune out any crossing, broken, or shaded out branches from the interior of the tree. No topping or hedging is necessary and removal of the skirts around the lower portion of the tree's bearing capacity.
- If scale insects are present (appear as small bumps on twigs and a black sooty mold on the leaves), spray the tree with volk or superior oil. The best time to treat is February during cool weather. Thorough coverage is important.
Problems and Opportunities
- Priority problems for Afghanistan Citrus include: a lack of tested varieties (see PHDP), and Tristeza virus in bitter orange rootstock.
- These draft priority problems are based on feedback from agricultural consultants, Afghan specialists, and Tom Brown.
- About Citrus Fact Sheet (Sweet Oranges)
- Citrus crop calendar Fact Sheet (for California-like conditions) (UC Davis)
- Variety Selection:
- For certified saplings contact PHDP (Perennial Horticulture Development Project)
- PHDP Varietal Selection and Production English (excerpt), دری (Dari) (9.9 MB) and پشتو (Pashto) (9.8 MB) (ANNGO Catalog 2013, PHDP/EU)
- National Nursery Growers' Association Locations and Contacts PDF (ANNGO Catalog 2013, PHDP/EU)
Site Selection Fact Sheet (UC Davis)
Site Layout Fact Sheet (UC Davis)
Orchard Establishment Fact Sheet (UC Davis)
Planting Fact Sheet (UC Davis)
- Intercropping Fact sheet (UC Davis)
- Shaping Fact Sheet (UC Davis)
- General Pruning Manual پشتو (Pashto)
Fertilization Fact Sheet (IFA)
Pest Management for Citrus
- See Pest Identification Cards and general Pest Management Page
- Nursery Weed Management Fact Sheet English and (Dari) دری (UC Davis for Roots of Peace)
Nusery Management for Citrus
Propagation Overview Fact Sheet (UC Davis)
Seed for Rootstock Fact Sheet (UC Davis)
Budding Fact Sheet (UC Davis)
Grafting Cleft Fact Sheet (UC Davis)
Grafting Whip Fact Sheet (UC Davis)