Problems and Opportunities
- Primary problems for carrots include rodents, various insect pests, weeds, , , and chemical application near harvest.
- Primary opportunities include pest management,irrigation management, proper soil preparation, crop rotation, and avoiding chemical applications near harvest. control early in the season,
These priorities and opportunities are based on feedback from Nahzatullah Nahzat.
- Overview Info Sheet (UCD)
- General Vegetable Production Manual پشتو (Pashto) (2.3 MB) (UC Davis)
- Carrot Production for Eastern Region PPT as PDF (1.3 MB) (IDEA-NEW Noori)
- Fertilization Fact Sheet (IFA)
Pest Management for Carrots
- Common pests in carrot include rodents, carrot rust fly, carrot beetle, six-spot insect, and cuscuta (dodder). All but cuscuta may be controlled by pesticides available in Afghanistan. Afghan farmers pull and burn carrots affected by cuscuta.
- Diagnosis Fact Sheet (UCD VRIC)
- Pest Identification Cards and general Pest Management Page See also