Problems and Opportunities
- Priority problems for Afghanistan chili peppers include: inconsistent product reducing export potential, blossom end rot, phytophthora blight, and over irrigation.
- Priority opportunities include: variety selection, whole or cut dried pepper for international markets, improved irrigation practices (both furrow and basin irrigation currently used for peppers), field and crop rotation for disease prevention.
- These draft priority problems are based on feedback from Alan Walters (Southern Illinois University).
Pest Management for Peppers
- Chili Pepper Postharvest Fact Sheet (UC Davis PHTC)
- 10 Principles of Postharvest Management Fact Sheet (UC Davis)
- Principles of GAP (Good Agricultural Practices) Fact Sheet (UC Davis)
- General Postharvest Page