Seasonal activities: Autumn
(mid September through mid December)
- At present, there is little rice-specific information available for Afghanistan. However, several organizations offer guiding principles.
Problems and Opportunities
- Priority problems of rice are similar to those for wheat and relate to seed quality, improved varieties, and better water management.
- Priority opportunities include: work with organizations like FAO, MAIL and CIMMYT to access good seed and improve irrigation systems.
- Overview Info Sheet (UC Davis)
- Rice Production by Province Interactive Map (UC Davis)
- Cultivated Area by Province Interactive Map (UC Davis)
- Dry seed to less than 14% moisture and clean, then use the IRRI Superbag Fact Sheet (IRRI) or PIC bag Video (Purdue)
- Rice Knowledge Bank (IRRI on-line tool)
- Cropping 101 Short Manual (UC Davis)
- Seed and Seed Systems Webpage
- Production by Province Interactive Map (UC Davis)
- Cultivated Area by ProvinceInteractive Map (UC Davis)
- See Rice Knowledge Bank (IRRI on-line tool)