Bees زنبور داری
- Bees are important as a source honey (for sale or consumption) and for pollination of many crops.
Problems and Opportunities
- Priority problems include a short flowering season, poor pest management that reduces bee populations, microbial diseases (bacterial, fungal, viral, and protozoan diseases), parasitic bee mites, and insects.
- Priority Opportunities include Integrated Pest Management.
Management of Bees
- Beekeeping in Asia Report (FAO)
- Honeybees, Pollination and Livelihoods Report (ICIMOD)
- Beekeeping Guidelines (Dari) دری (Terre des hommes)
- Specialized Equipment video (Madegood.org)
- Lighting a Smokericon video (Madegood.org)
- Transferring Colonies to Frame Hives Article (1.6 MB) (Bees for Development Journal 73)
- Use of Asian Honeybees (Apis Cerana) in Afghanistan Report (MSG James Doten)
- Pests in Beekeeping Info Sheet (UCD)
- Honeybee Diseases and Pests Manual (1.4 MB) (FAO)
- Pollination Fact Sheet (UC Davis for Roots of Peace)
- Major Crops that Benefit from Bee Pollination Info Sheet (UC Davis)
- Pollination in Cucurbits Manual (UCD)